Flipping the Bird
QR Ladybird V2 Flip action !
Hey peoples – JW here with another video report. Today I have been taking breaks from my normal silent reflective prayer to spend short moments of my Sunday afternoon twatting my ladybird round the back garden.
If I was in charge, everyone would be issued a QR Ladybird and made to practice on sunny Sundays.
Anyway – let’s watch me, who’s not very good at this sort of thing, having the best time learning to flip my amazing little micro-quad.
How to do flips (well, my best guess)
- You need to be in Acro Mode (Green light) so there is no restriction on the angle of the craft.
- Begin with quad in stable hover in front of you, and begin gentle, firm climb.
- When you’re at about 70% throttle, simultaneously push cyclic hard in the direction you want to flip, and drop collective to 40% – no lower or you won’t have enough momentum to go a full 360 degrees.
- Watch the quad flip and the microsecond it hits the right way up, let go of cyclic, and increase throttle quickly but smoothly however much you need to in order to catch it.
- Get ready to immediately control the directional turbulence the fall has caused, and correct to bring back to hover.
- Rinse and repeat.
Always end your flight session by flying your quad at you full pelt then cutting throttle and grabbing it out of the air. You’ll look a dick if you fail, but if you pull it off, everyone will think you are an absolute god.
Right – next time – out with the hex…
Over and out etc etc