HowTo No 1: Binding a Devo 10 to an RX1002
In the first of my handy ‘How-To’ series, we’re looking at how to bind a Walkera Devention 10 to the receiver that comes with it, the RX1002, giving us a 10 channel system, with Fixed ID.
If this is not the first RX unit you are binding to the transmitter, setup a new model first, and complete the following steps within the settings for that model.
- Power the RX via an ESC control cable (power that by plugging directly into Battery with screwblock adapter or similar).
- Clear any existing Fixed ID by plugging the bind plug into the BAT socket, and then powering the unit.
- Remove bind plug, power down.
- In transmitter, go to Model > Fixed ID and turn it off. Power down TX.
- Power RX, which should now slow flash red.
- Power TX, which should make RX go solid red when found.
- Go back into Model > Fixed ID and turn it on
- Cursor down to the number, alter randomly, or leave, but scroll all the way to end, and press enter. You should see “Sending fixed ID…”
- If you don’t see that, and fixed ID keeps turning itself off as soon as you exit and re-enter the menu, you haven’t done the last bit of step 8.
- Power down RX then TX. All done, Fixed ID assigned. Check by re-powering TX then RX. The 2 should lock as soon as both are powered.
Here’s a video of someone doing it.
More top tips whenever I’m in the mood, or have discovered something I think I’ll forget later unless I write it down.